Thursday, January 31, 2013

T minus 15 hours


   So today is the big day. The walk-thru. Tonight at 8:30. There is a bit of fear running through me, though I think it's just the fear of the unknown. Since I haven't been through this before I am just not sure what to expect. Especially since we are still in the middle of remodeling the house. Each room is about halfway done. The good news is that we have all the plans for each room so we can detail anything she has questions about. Everything we could physically get done has been done. We have straightened and cleaned the best we can for an unfinished project. Prayers have been said (mostly like will throughout the entire day) and now I rely fully upon The Lord to guide her in her review of the house.

   I have to trudge through the day, waiting for the meeting to take place. I say that like it's going to be easy. I work from 4am - 3pm, then go to school until 8:10pm. I should arrive home just as my social worker gets to the house. Did I mention I didn't sleep at all? Oh sure I laid down in bed, but all that I could focus on was what still needs to be completed. Hopefully, work and school will keep me focused on enough other things that the day will go by quietly and before I know, it will be time.

   I am so happy with where I am in the adoption process, and am excited to move on to the next part. I will detail that tomorrow when I update you all on the home study outcome.  T minus 15 hours and counting....tick.....tock....tick....tock...

   Kayleen's Kid Quest continues........ standby




No comments:

Post a Comment