Saturday, January 5, 2013

What the.......Why am I Blogging?

     I am still new to many things at this point in my life. Being 44 years old, one would think I have seen almost everything there is to see in life (most teenagers think I have). I have never been a big journal keeper so the thought of blogging kind of freaks me out. However, I have a lot of people asking how the process is going and how far along I am, and I don't think facebook is the place for everything I have to say. A couple of very AWESOME friends have directed me to this point. (Darn peer pressure, gets you when you least expect it). 

     I am currently in the process of adopting a little 3-5 year old boy from Ethiopia. In less than a month my home study will be complete and we move on to the dossier portion of the process. While I have most of that process ready to go, there are a few papers I wait on before completing and notarizing everything. What a journey it has been to this point. Inside I feel I should have started this from the beginning, but we are about nine months into the process. I know, I know, I could have had a baby at this point, but my darn values and morals get in the way of that since I am not married. 

     Nine months of applying, paperwork, fund raising, and trying to get the house ready for the home study walk through. I am more than happy to expand upon any of the above listed things, but i think where I am, right now in the process, is much more exciting for you all. 

     In the next few weeks, we basically re-do the entire inside of the house. Paint the whole upstairs, flooring in the living room and hall, and re-carpet the 3 bedrooms. It's going to be a lot of work, but we have to complete it for the final walk through with the social worker. 

     I am preparing the house to be more kid friendly, trying to put together a room for him where he will feel warm and comfortable when time for bed. I am working at getting the house together so he will feel like he is home for good,  where he feels loved and safe from anything he is scared of.

     Follow me on this journey......... what I am doing to prepare, where I am in the process, when I go pick him up, and how we are doing after I bring him home. 

     Buckle up, I can promise you, it's going to be a bumpy ride.



No comments:

Post a Comment