Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Did I mention that I have never liked school?

     It's true, I have NEVER been a fan of school. I won't lie and say I was a good student, which is why I never really went to college after high school. Oh sure I took some courses here and there and tried to figure out if I could do it, but never got into school.

     So imagine my surprise, a year and a half ago when I had this feeling of urgency to get into school. It was weird for me to have such a strong desire to do something I never liked doing. So I started applied to LDS Business College thinking that a degree in Business Management would be good since I have been in management for sometime now. Let me tell you, it was a process to get into that school and even though I had been out of high school for over twenty years, the grades I got back then still affected me. 

     The first two semesters I took very limited classes, to see if this was something I could do, I didn't want to spend a lot of money and then find out, I could not or, more importantly, DIDN'T WANT TO do it. I am now in my third semester, and am taking 13 credit hours (not much compared to some). This is really going to be a test for me. I am working over 52 hours per weeks and going to school full time. Then we add preparing for the adoption into the mix and what we have is one crazy, wild, BUT fun life. 

     Sometime after I got accepted into LDSBC, I had another urgency to move forward with something I had been thinking about for sometime but had never really been able to do anything to move forward with it. ADOPT!!!! Adoption had been on my mind for years, but with people living at the house constantly for years, it was something that just wasn't possible. Even when the urgent thought popped into my head to proceed with the adoption process. So rather than question higher powers, I moved forward with it. I told only a few people at first, just in case I wasn't approved. I can't describe the feeling of being told I was able to continue in my quest to become a mom. 

     I fully believe that the reason I had such an urgency to get into school was to help me with the adoption process. I know, that sounds just plain crazy to most, but it is such an overwhelming amount of things to do, papers to complete, life to open up to a complete stranger who is going to let others know if you truly are fit to adopt a child. Being in school gives my mind something other than the adoption, to focus on. It helps me do other things, than just prepare for the adoption. School is helping me prepare my life, my future and my finances so I can bring this little boy into my life. 

     I still cannot believe that I am in school. I cannot believe that I am not hating it. I cannot believe that I am actually doing pretty well. I am moving forward in life, which is really what life is about right? Moving forward and trying to constantly grow in new areas. This school experience will help me when it comes time to talk about the importance of education with my little boy. The Lord works in mysterious ways, does He not?

No comments:

Post a Comment