Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Kindness of Strangers

So as I sat watching my Real Salt Lake team play last night, I received a text message from a girl I work with. Let me set up the story.

Amanda (girl I work with) works at the Salt Lake Temple each Saturday for a few hours. While working there she has shared my story about my quest. 

One of the sisters heart was touched while hearing this story and yesterday gave Amanda an envelope for me. The sister told Amanda that I sound like a great mother and she wanted to support. She also said "It's not much, but I want to give her something". It was $30. 

$30 from someone who has never met me, never seen me and may never know me in person. My heart sank as I took in what this beautiful stranger (to me) had done. I am touched daily with the giving of so many people. People I know, and now people I don't. Thank you Amanda for sharing Kayleen's Kid Quest.

Thank you to everyone who believes in what I am doing, supports me both emotionally, through donations, and financially. I do know how blessed I am to have you in my life, and am so thankful to be able to share these stories with you. 

Kayleen's Kid Quest continues......

No comments:

Post a Comment