Friday, June 26, 2015

America.....

4th of July. Our independence day. As I spent the afternoon tailgating with friends at a soccer game, my mind wandered.

It took me to Haiti (Port-au-Prince) where my little man waits for me. He plays with the limited toys they have at the creche, not knowing that I have been praying, working, crying, and begging for him to come here and be mine.

I sat, and as I watched those I was with playing games, chatting, enjoying each other and the amazing day it was, my mind could only focus on wanting him here with me to celebrate. To become an American citizen and celebrate the freedoms we have. To enjoying the freedom outside his walls of the creche.

I watched kids from other groups and the fun they had kicking a ball around, riding their scooters, running around and laughing. Then turned and could almost see him there with us. Talking with everyone, eating, playing the games we play.

My mind is focused on my little boy, how I miss him being here for these celebrations. I can't wait to explain them to him, watch the wonder in his eyes as he experiences things for the first time. What it would have been, to see him watching fireworks last night.

Rio Tinto put on a spectacular show, with good music and great friends, my little "Giles" would have had a ball.

Happy birthday America, hope to have a new citizen for your next birthday bash.

No comments:

Post a Comment