Friday, January 18, 2013

Home-Study Prepping

    Just under two weeks before the final walk through. You would think I wouldn't be nervous, but I am. Someone coming in to your house to determine if it's right to raise a child in, can be overwhelming. Is it clean enough (not spotless), does it have the right feel to it (does it feel like a home, not just a house)?  Is it warm and inviting and comfortable to anyone who walks through the door?

    These are the questions that go through my mind as I try to prepare my home for this walk through. Not that I have ever been through this before, but it seems odd to have someone come in and base an adoption off how the house looks and feels. So yes, I am nervous. However, I can promise you, I am not losing sleep over it. I just want to make sure it's right. 

    I know getting the house prepared for the final walk through is just the beginning. It will be a continuous process until I bring my little boy home. While his room will be painted, carpeted and have some furniture in it for the walk through, I still need to make it a little boys room before he comes home. Toys, clothes, fun stuff on the walls, to make him feel like it's a room he wants to be in. One where he wants to spend time in playing, doing homework, just having fun. 

    The rest of the house will require finishing touches like completing the home theater system downstairs so wires aren't hanging all over the walls, the fireplace getting a mantel so we can use the wood burning stove during the winters, thresholds to finish off flooring. Just to name a few. Oh yes, my project list is a good sized one, but getting the big things done first is priority. It's the big things that are important for the walk through. 

   I look forward to re-modeling the house to make it more warm and inviting to guests who stop by for a visit. To make it a home for a little boy longing for a family. A safe harbor in this new life he is about to embark on. Wish me luck.

Kayleen's Kid Quest continues.........

http://www.gofundme.com/Kayleens-Kid-Quest


No comments:

Post a Comment