Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Oh the fun we will have..........

   In chatting with a friend of mine, I found that I was talking about the things I want to do with my little boy when I bring him home. Of course, this will be after he becomes comfortable with his new life here in Utah, once he knows that he has a home to go to at the end of the day, one of safety and love.

   There are places I want to take him, adventures I want to go on with him, the world I want him to see and learn to love life and his surroundings. My friend suggested I blog about it so I can refer to it later when he is home and so I won't forget where I want to take him and what I want to do. Why can I never remember to do this on my own? Blog, Kayleen, blog. One day it may become more of a routine and a first thought, rather than a reminder from someone to actually sit and write my thoughts down. Thank you my friend for reminding me of what I need to do.

   Camping is something I love to do, but something I feel I can't do as a single person (for safety reasons). This is something I want my little boy to learn to appreciate and love to do also. Hiking, walks along trails to enjoy the beauty of the world. Biking as well, so he stays active and healthy. I want to take him to the discovery museum to learn about whatever they show there. I want to take him to temple square and talk about the church and church history and what it means to me.

   As he grows in the church and begins to understand, I want to take him to the sacred grove, to have him feel of the spirit that place holds (I have never been, but I hear it's incredible). Then when he prepares for his mission, I want to take him back there to feel that spirit once again, before he goes on the preach about Joseph Smith and his prayer and vision. I want to visit the Hill Cumorah and teach him about what happened there.

   I want to take him to Disneyland and to San Jose to show him where I grew up. I want to take him to Nova Scotia to let him see where I served my mission and share what that time in my life meant to me.
I want to take him back to Ethiopia and let him visit his homeland and keep his heritage in his life.

   I want to simply take him to the park down the street to enjoy the playground, and the friends he will make there. I want to take him to ball games, like soccer, baseball and basketball so he can appreciate all that life has to offer. I know as a single mom these goals may seem far fetched, but these are the things I want my son to experience. In doing so I hope he finds out who he is and what his place is in this life.

   Now, it is in writing so I must refer to this blog once I bring him home. If I forget, I know I have some pretty awesome friends who will remind me of this blog. Thank you all for your continued support in my quest to become a mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment