Sunday, January 27, 2013

Home Study Prepping......continued

   I spent yesterday painting my little boys room. It was kind of magical for me. I was in the room by myself most of the time, and as I painted, my thoughts were drawn to what will happen in there in the coming years. The routine he will learn to follow, the growing up, the playing with toys in there. I could picture myself, in the corner sitting in the rocking chair with him as we bond as family. Helping him bond with me and the life I will give him.

   It was almost as if I could see the future with him. It was a pretty cool day. We move forward with the house and getting it done before the walk through on Thursday. I was planning on putting carpet in the bedrooms, but after visiting the carpet guy, I think laminate flooring will be the more likely choice. The cost for carpet is about half of one of my adoption fees. So I will be revisiting the flooring. I will be calling my social worker to make sure it's ok the floor isn't complete before the home study, knowing it will be before my little boy comes home. 

   I must thank a few people who came over to help us yesterday. We completed so much because of these amazing people. 

Dan & Nancy Auga Crew - Came Friday night and Saturday to help get the living room/hallway painted and started the floor in the living room. 

Scott & Hailey Orton - Came Saturday and Scott helped with the high ceilings I couldn't reach, and Hailey started painting the dresser for my little boys room.

Scott & Nannette Walker -  came and helped pull all the staples out of the floor so the flooring could be laid. 

Jordan Lewis -  helped me paint Giles room

Paul Shipley - Who has come over several times to get our downstairs bathroom prepped and tiled. This is one amazing tile guy (for it only being his second tile job) ha ha

   Thank you all so much for all the help and time you have donated in helping me in my quest. I am blessed to know such great people. Hopefully after I speak with my social worker, I will know more of what I need to focus on completing before Thursday.

Kayleen's Kid Quest continues......... 

4 comments:

  1. I have tears in my eyes when I read your blog! I am so proud of you and happy for you. You are an amazing woman who will be an amazing mother! Thank you for coming back into my life!
    I wish I was there to work by your side and help you with your projects.
    -Love Jeannine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kayleen, Sorry we did not get the hallway floor. But we will be back to complete it for you guys. It all starting to come together now.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan,

    You have done so much, I appreciate all the time you took away from your weekend to put the flooring in. Don't even worry about when we finish it. You guys ROCK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jeannine,

    The fun (aka: trouble) we could have if we lived near each other.

    ReplyDelete