Wednesday, February 13, 2013

That's what FRIENDS are for

   I find that I ponder, quite often, about the friends I have in my life. I have friends who I have known for over 20 years, and I have friends I just met. Each friend brings something into my life. Some friends I am able to speak to regularly, while the others not so much. Though I try as hard as I can to touch base with each person whom I call friend, it's hard to make contact with each of you personally. I am thankful for the social media which helps me keep everyone, who is interested, up to date on where I am in this adoption process.

   With that being said, I want to take the time to thank each of my friends who have given of their time and possessions to help me move forward with this quest I am on. So many people have answered my call for items to sell at a yard sale, cans to recycle, and help around the house getting it ready for the home study. Sometimes it's just a message on Facebook asking how things are, or a text message telling me how excited they are for me in what I am doing. Sometimes it's an envelope of money I receive in the mail. There is no way to fully express what is in my heart with each of these ways of support. I know this is what FRIENDS do, and I am so blessed to be on the receiving end of it. Thank you all from the bottom of my butt (I say butt because it's much bigger than my heart).

   There are a few people I would like to personally say THANK YOU to (and they may be mad for me singling them out) but I go with what's in my heart.

   Natalie Dansie -  has been with me from the very beginning of my quest. I worked with Natalie in the Young Women program at church and over the span of the many years working together, she became one of the closest and best friends. She is one amazing lady.  Because of this, she was one of the first people I told about the adoption, and from the moment the words came out of my mouth, she has supported me, was excited for me and has tried to figure out how she can help me make this happen. She tells me constantly what a good mom I will make (which is a question I have in my mind regularly). Almost every day since then, she has been the rock I lean on during the ups, the downs and blah times of this quest. She has listened to me vent, be angry and be excited about each step I have taken. While I am sure that there are days she is just done listening to me, she always (without fail) has words of encouragement anytime I need to hear them. She has given me more of herself than just about anyone. She is truly a wonderful woman, friend and holds a very important place in my heart.

   Jennica Murray -  who started out as an acquaintance through Natalie has become a very dear friend. Natalie and Jennica have been friends for many years and while I haven't known Jennica nearly as long, she has been so supportive of this quest from the time we told her about it. She asks (daily) about where I am in the process or what I am doing to get ready for my little boy to come home. She, also, listens to me vent, be angry and be happy with each step. She gives me happy thoughts during the hard moments. She offers ideas and insights to help me figure out where to go when I am stumped. She checks in with me regularly to make sure I am happy and things are going smooth.  I love how quickly (kind of) she became a friend and a big part of my life.

   I have Natalie and Jennica on speed dial, I send them group texts anytime something big (well maybe just big to me) about the adoption happens. I am sure they think I am a total dork, but I am so happy to have them both that I can share these things with. These ladies both give me of themselves daily. They are always there to lift me up, bring me back to reality, and take me out when needed. It's the daily contact, and support, which helps me so much through.  Thank you both for being such AWESOME friends and allowing me to be a part of your lives.

   The Auga Family - who understand completely what I am going through and has offered insights to what I need to do, focus on, and move forward with in the adoption. Everything I know, they have explained in detail to me and what to expect next. They have been to the house to help us paint, and more importantly, lay the flooring so we didn't have to walk on the plywood for very long. We have known the Auga's for more years than I can remember (Dan since the 70's) and have been blessed by them through this preparation stage far more than I can truly explain in a blog.

   I could spend all day typing in names and what each of my friends mean to me in this quest. I know that not everyone can give of their time, money or emotions everyday. This is my quest, and I share as often as I can. I know most of you look for these posts to follow along and see where I am. I thank each one of you, MY FRIENDS, for your thoughts and prayers for me. They are as important to me as anything else you could do. I feel your love and support. That's what friends are for............right?

No comments:

Post a Comment