Friday, February 15, 2013

Wait....for.... it......

   I was hoping to have my approval letter from the social worker by now. For some reason it has not come yet. So I have to hold off applying for grants until that comes in the mail. I have about eight different places (thank you Hailey Larsen) which I am going to apply through.

   I am in the process of the adoption where the fees come fast and get a little higher with each section completed. Then I also have to worry about traveling over there (twice). So now I need to start looking into airline ticket prices, hotel/motel prices, plus cost of a driver, and food while there for each trip. Now it starts to get interesting.

   Prayers will be appreciated in the area of my grants. The more I am able to get, the less coming from my paychecks. Don't get me wrong, while the money part is definitely something weighing heavily on my mind, it's not anything I would change about what I am going through. It's all a part of becoming a parent, right? All parents worry about money.

   So let me tell you all where I go from here (once I get approval letter) as there are quite a few people interested:

1) I apply to the to Ethiopian government for approval to adoption within their country. (should take about  4-6 weeks for an answer)

2) Once I receive approval, I submit my dossier (a very detailed package about me and my life) something I have been working on for a few months. This package has to be notarized and copies made (just in case something gets misplaced). Then it is forwarded to the appropriate people.

3) Wait for referral of my little boy.

4) Once I accept the referral, I wait for them to tell me when I have a court date (in Ethiopia- about 3 day trip) to start all the paperwork to bring him home (this is where I meet him in person for the first time). Then I come home and wait for the paperwork to process.

5) Receive call that paperwork is complete and I can go pick him up. Then I head back to Ethiopia (for about a week) to pick him up and bring him home.

Kayleen's Kid Quest continues.............




No comments:

Post a Comment