Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Going with the flow

   While things have changed in this adoption process, and I now have to wait for several background checks which I originally didn't need, I have come to be content with how the adoption is going. I am not nervous, concerned, or frustrated. I am content to know that this is in The Lord's hands and it will happen when and from where it should happen.

   While the background checks have caused a bit of delay in the process, it gives me time to get some more money in the bank. Something that needs to happen anyway, this just allows me to get a bit more in their so the adoption agency feels a little more comfortable with things. It's a blessing in disguise really, I just wish that is something I could see when it first happened, rather than getting frustrated first. I need to learn to have a little more faith I guess.

   I had a great talk with Jennifer Graham who shared some things they went through, which helped me understand some processed a little better as well. Though they are fostering, they had to go through the same background checks so in speaking with her and finding out how long it took for those to come back, it gives me a little more hope. Thank you Jennifer, you are pretty darn wonderful. I am so glad you're on my side.

  With answers that have come and decisions having been made, I am more relaxed and going with the flow of things. I am more at ease with the process and am taking the opportunity to move forward in other areas of the adoption process. It's so awesome to have great best friends who walk with me through the hard times, and calm my fears and frustrations. Friends who remind me that things are going to be okay, and it's just a small setback. Friends who remind me what to do to move forward. Thank you Natalie and Jennica for being that shoulder to lean on.

No comments:

Post a Comment