Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Spreading the word

   So as most of you know this is a completely new experience for me. Adopting a child, NEW; writing a blog, NEW; certain feelings, NEW. So I want to share this experience with as many people as I can reach. I want to share what it is like for a single woman to adopt a child from a different country, what her thoughts are, and what she goes through, physically, emotionally and spiritually while she goes through this long process.

  One thing I found when doing my Adoption Yard Sales last year, once people found out that they were for adoption, they were willing to talk openly about how adoption has affected their lives. I would say about 75 percent of the people who I spoke with, adoption had an influence at somewhere in their lives. I had so many great conversations with complete strangers about how it a part of them. What a great experience that was for me. So many people, who didn't even know me from Eve, offered blessings and hope that the process would go smoothly. I was surprised by the reaction of so many.

   With this being said, I want to move forward and get more people out there to follow this experience with me. So I have been trying to figure out just how I can do that. I have so many great friends who have shared this link on their Facebook  and my new friends on Google+ in the adoption communities, and I thank you for that. My daily views are getting higher, so I know people are enjoying what I have to say. I have come up with an idea I want to try and thought maybe I could get some advice (aka: comments) about it.

   I was able to get a QR code for my blog as well as my donation page. I created a letter size "poster" that will be laminated. I want to put them on my back side windows of my car so when I am at a store or wherever, people may see them, scan and follow my blog.  My question to you, my readers, is this: Where else can I post these that people may see them and possibly follow me? Stores, display boards, libraries, where?

   This is all so new to me and I am really not all that crafty or have great ideas in this area, so any help from you will be so appreciated. Thanks so much for following my journey, I love the fact that I can put my feelings down and get so many great comments which help me understand better, or someone give me a different view on something.




3 comments:

  1. I would order window stickers from vista print they are usually a pretty good price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will look into those, I didn't even think about that. Thanks Alicia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea. You'll have to keep us in the loop on how it works out.

    ReplyDelete