Sunday, May 26, 2013

What will he want to be?

   Yesterday I spent the day with a really good friend of mine watching her daughter play in a soccer tournament. It was so much fun to sit there and see all the families together cheering on the youngest of players. Some kids definitely knew what they were doing while others just wanted to kick a ball, regardless of what direction it went. I enjoyed every minute of it. 

   While sitting there I couldn't help but envision the next few years and what it might be like for me. Sitting on the sidelines cheering on my little boy in whatever sport he chooses to play (yes I really hope soccer is his love). I thought about getting him in a training and skills program to help him learn to play so he looks like he understands what is going on out there. I thought about pushing him to do what he loves and do it the best he can (even he chooses to play chess), as long as he gives it all he has, I will be happy with what I will have taught him.

   So many things run through my mind right now, so many dreams for him and I don't even have him yet. I just can't wait to be a mom and start training up this young boy in the way he should go. I can't wait to be a mom amd pray for him to make good friends, and right choices in his life. I can't wait to be an influence in this little boys life and teach him to dream big and then go after those dreams. I can't wait to hire a tutor for math because I suck at it and will DEFINITELY not be able to help him after he gets done with his times tables (and even that is pushing my abilities).

   My dream of becoming a mom is still going strong. It is still within my reach. I am so close, yet I still feel so far away. Maybe because I just want it to happen now, and I still have a bit to go before they let me move forward. My faith is stronger than ever. I just have to keep doing my part. 

Kayleen's kid quest continues................

No comments:

Post a Comment