Friday, March 7, 2014

Dossier......CHECK

So I finally had my appointment with USCIS this past Monday. They took my fingerprints, yet again. So now we (I use the term we, since there are so many of you on this quest with me) wait for the results to come back. Fingers crossed for speedy results.

While that was happening, I completed all the necessary paperwork for my dossier and it should be submitted to the State of Utah for their approval within the week. YAY!!!!!!  (A special thank you to Natalie Dansie for putting together my collage for the dossier - see sample page below) 

Once we have Utah's approval,  we submit to a translator then it is submitted to Haiti for final approval. After that.....we wait for a referral.

It has been almost a two year journey for me, with lots of highs, lows, and waiting periods. I am grateful that The Lord in His infinite wisdom, prepared my mind and heart to follow His timeline and not my own. Otherwise I am sure I would be a bald, pissed off woman by now. I continue to pray that my little son is still being prepared to meet his mama, and will be ready to accept me when the time comes to meet him.

I am getting ahead of myself here, there are still hurdles to jump and fees to pay before I can feel that I can dream of meeting him. Though, I believe I still see his little face in my dreams at night and maybe when I daydream (ummmm, don't tell my boss about that last comment). I still pray hard for me to continue to become the mama this little boy needs to make him become the man he should be in this life.

I tease that I have be "pregnant" for almost two years and I am ready for the "contractions" to hit so I will know that the time is near. Truth is, I just don't know how close it really is. I do my best to stay strong, happy in my decision and the path my life has taken over these last two years. I am grateful for the people The Lord has put in my path during this time to help me through the tough days. The awesome friends and one amazing mother who talk me down from the frustrations, who lift me up on the sad days, and keep me laughing (which is all I really want to do in life, anyway).

Now, to focus on finishing up with a little more funding, since the translation is another fee, then travel and court costs. If anyone has any metal or cans they would like to donate, please let me know. I am ready to do another run. Also, if you know anyone looking for a good cause have them check out my funding page - http://www.gofundme.com/Kayleens-Kid-Quest

I am almost a MAMA!!!

Kayleen's Kid Quest Continues........




1 comment: