Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Immigration.... APPROVED

What a great day yesterday, for me. I went and submitted the paperwork to the State of Utah for authentication on my dossier, then in the mail I received an approval letter from Immigration. OH HAPPY DAY!!!!!

I was ecstatic. It was such a great feeling to know that we are moving forward again in the quest. I smiled most of the day as result. My cheeks were hurting. 

Now to start the focus on other things. Like put together my online auction, sell some donated items on KSL, metal/can runs, apply for grants, maybe do another fundraiser to make sure I am where I need to be. 

With adoptions there is a fee at the end of each section of the process. I currently have fees for the state authentications, the translation that is taking place, then when I submit the dossier to the Haitain Consulate, another fee when I am approved by the Haitain government, and another when I accept the referral of my son. 

Then there are fees for visas, a passport for him, flights for me and him, and court costs. Trying to put a number on the amount is hard. So I continue to just keep doing what I can to save and raise until I'm through to the other side. 

I can't even begin to describe how amazing this side of the journey has been. The saving has been hard with trying to budget every Penney of every paycheck. The amazing people who have donated enough items to do three full yard sales last year. The furniture donated to sell on KSL. The car wash/bake sale my awesome coworkers put on and the cash donated privately and publicly. It's enough to make any person stand in awe of the great people she has in her life. You have all been angels to me. 

I would not be where I am, in this adoption, without each person who has donated their time, their money, their energy, their love, their prayers, and their well wishes to me and my quest to become a mom. 

My quest, from the beginning has been guided from above. Each step along the way has been the same. As I continue to move forward, however slow or fast it may be, please know that I thank each and every person for their contribution. Each one is huge in my eyes, and felt deeply in my heart. 

Thank you for believing in my quest, for believing that I will be the best mom to this little boy I don't even know yet. 

Kayleens kid quest continues......




No comments:

Post a Comment