Sunday, March 23, 2014

Hurry up......and wait

I received approval  from the State of Utah and the Haitian Consulate. Friday I checked with in with the adoption agency and confirmed that my dossier has officially been sent to the Haitian government and I now wait for their approval. Haiti should have my file early this next week.

From this point forward it is going to be a bit of a waiting game again. Once I get approval from the government, I then wait to be matched up with a child. They will email me the picture and all information they have on the child and I will have 48 hours to accept or decline that referral.

Once I accept a referral, they will submit mine and the child's file to IBESR for final approval of the match. That part of the adoption can take quite some time. So even though we have moved along pretty quickly over this last month, doesn't necessarily mean I am close to going to pick him up. Though prayers for a quick response from each section this process goes through will be appreciated,

We are getting closer my friends. I am so happy to have so many of you asking and being a part of this process with me. So many people already love this little boy that I don't have yet. He is going to be one lucky little boy.

As I move forward, please know that I have signed a no-internet policy as part of the adoption. I am not going to be able to share of his personal information or photo on the internet in any way until after the adoption is final.

Kayleen's Kid Quest continues......


No comments:

Post a Comment