Friday, March 14, 2014

Picking up speed...

Wow, things seem to be moving at a very fast pace for the moment. My head is spinning with everything I'm running around trying to get done and mailed off. My heart is full of anticipation/worry/excitement/stress/etc. What a wonderful week I am having. 

It only took the state two days to get my paperwork completed (normally 3-5 business days) so I went and picked them up yesterday and shipped them, overnight, to the Haitian Consulate in Chicago for their approval. Then they will send the completed paperwork to the adoption agency overnight as well. In the meantime, I am working on getting a couple of things together to send to the adoption agency on my end, this weekend. 

I also received an email that all the translation of my file is complete. So this means, as soon as the agency gets the paperwork from the consulate, they can officially submit my dossier to the Haitian government for approval. Friends, there is a chance this could happen next week. HOLY COW.

Am I ready? Emotionally, spiritually, financially? It's amazing the way your mind starts to go through every possible scenario of what could go wrong at this point. The mind constantly is thinking of every detail that I might need to cover in preparing to accept a referral and prepare to go meet him and do the courts to make it official.  Note to self, create a checklist. :)

There was such a lull for sometime that it seemed like I was no longer going through this adoption. No updates to post, just life as normal. Then BAM..... here you go, let's fly through this next part. 

Wish me luck over the next few weeks, that I don't completely lose my mind, that I can get everything completed they need, that I get everything ready for him to come home, that I am ready to move forward at the speed they need me to. 

I AM ALMOST A MAMA!!!!!!!

Kayleen's kid quest continues.....

2 comments:

  1. You are going to be an awesome mom!
    Deep breath. Now breathe.
    We are so excited for you. You have so much love to share. Kayleeny Beany you are in for the ride of your life. Motherhood!
    We will continue to pray for you to continue to have peace and that things continue to go smoothly. We love you and cant wait to see you and your cute boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you'll rock the whole mom thing!! You're an awesome woman. I'm so happy for you, you've been on my mind a lot lately! Love ya girl!!

    ReplyDelete