Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Do you understand?

As I scurry around trying to get the updated paperwork completed, I have to stop and wonder what you are doing today, my little man.  What does your day hold? Schooling, playing with friends, learning to make your bed, and brush your teeth? In your little three year old mind, are you wondering about who your mama is going to be? Is that something you even think about? Is that a concept you even grasp at so young of age?

At three, do you even know that you might be adopted by someone? Do you understand what adoption is, what it means to you and the one trying to adopt you? Do you feel loved? Do you even know what love feels like?

Love is something I can't wait to give you. I can't wait to hug you a hundred times a day. I can't wait to kiss your little cheeks and tell you how much I love you and how happy I am that I get to be your mama. I can't wait to show you a world you have never seen, a place you never knew existed. I can't wait to teach you all the things that will help you grow and become who you are meant to be.

Maybe once I have you in my arms, my mind will slow down. It won't run a thousand miles a minute with everything I have to get done, with all the new emotions I am feeling, with questions I can't find answers for, and with feelings which are so new to me I am not sure what to do with them.

You are so loved already, my little nugget. You are loved by many, who simply love me. I cannot wait for you to meet those who have helped me bring you home. Those who you will call family.

Praying that Kayleen's Kid Quest brings him home........soon

I love you little man.


No comments:

Post a Comment