Friday, February 22, 2013

His bedroom almost complete

   As a single person, I have NEVER spent any significant amount of money at Costco, so imagine my shock when the cashier said the total amount was over $430. I made it out alive, much poorer, but alive. As I put things into perspective, I could have spent over $1200 to have carpet put in, but with every penny counting towards bringing my little boy home, I will live with lessor amount and have laminate wood flooring in the bedrooms instead. Once I get him home and settled, I can start planning and saving for carpet then.

   With the painting all complete, the ceiling fan/light re-installed, door put back on, the flooring is really the last step in having his room completely ready. The only thing I really have left to do is to finish sanding the rocking chair and then paint it and BAM....I am ready for my little boy to be here.

   I won't purchase clothes until I get there to meet him so I can determine size, only then will I attempt to purchase some clothes for him. I will be getting some toys to finish off his room. Mostly cars and trucks. I want to let him figure out what he likes before I really guide him in any direction of sports or any other theme. Cars and trucks are generic enough boy toys that will tide him over until he settles and decides what he really likes.

  Once we get the flooring down and I feel like the room is ready for him to come home, I will post some pictures, or you can feel free to stop by and see what we've done. I love the room and really hope/pray he does as well. I hope it is a room comfortable for him to feel like he is finally home. A room that when he lays down at night, he can relax enough to sleep knowing his mom will be in the next room and will be there when he needs her.

   So many thoughts run through my head now that I am in the next phase of the adoption. I want it to move faster, yet I need to keep my cool and know that this process cannot be rushed. I pray daily for patience. I pray daily that I continue to be prepared for my little boy, emotionally and physically, I also pray that my little boy is being prepared to accept me as his mom, both emotionally and physically. Hopefully we both will be ready for each other. I move forward in faith, knowing that the little boy I adopt will be the little boy I have been preparing to raise.

Kayleen's Kid Quest continues........

No comments:

Post a Comment