Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Finally......an update

   It has been brought to my attention recently by a number of friends that I have not posted anything on my blog lately. This is true looking at the last posting date (March 28), so I do apologize for the lack of writing. However, there hasn't been anything to post about since I had been in a holding pattern waiting for the background clearance from Nova Scotia to come back. It finally has and now I have a bit of information to let you all know about.

   While I was waiting for the background clearance to come through, I decided to move forward with what I could on the dossier requirements so I researched and made an appointment with a psychologist for my evaluation. Found out I am sane.......yay me!!!  Also, what started out as a two weeks process with a number of appointments turned into one 2 hours session and I should have his report by this Thursday. All I need now is the notarized reference letters from a couple of my friends (you know who you are) and I will have all the paperwork complete and ready to do.

   They want me to have a little bit more in the bank so I am working on that as well. I will be holding one more yard sale this year (beginning of June) to raise some of that. If you did any spring cleaning and would like to donate anything for the yard sale, please let me know, I can come pick it up. Also, I finally got the pictures for my online auction, I am hoping to have that up within about a week. Anyone who is donating items to that, if you could get me your photos, that would be great.

   His room is all but done. I do need to get pictures on the walls and it will be ready for him to come home. I am so excited with how it has turned out. I will let you know when it is complete, then you can feel free to stop by and see it in person. (Of course I will get photos uploaded here soon as well). Since I don't know what his likes are, I am going with a truck and car theme. It's going to be one cool room.

   While I am still being told I should be able to go get him before the end of this year, my hopes are high that it could be by the end of summer. It depends on how quickly the dossier and approval goes in Haiti and then how long for a referral. I am doing everything I can on my end to have everything needed to submit the paperwork as soon as it's required.

No comments:

Post a Comment