Thursday, July 23, 2015

Falling hard

I watched a video this morning of a college student from Penn State running a 600 meter race, she was a favorite to win. As the race progressed into the start of the last lap, she tripped and went down, almost having another runner trip over her. The three still on their feet kept going, and the girl who fell jumped back up and started running again. She was hauling around that track and ended up winning that race. I was in complete shock as I watched that girl just do what she had to do to finish, let alone WIN.

Yesterday was a tough day for me, I fell hard. My emotions got the best of me and I couldn't turn them off. They knocked me down, HARD. I was pacing, I was anxious, I felt completely out of control. I am sure this happens at some point to "pregnant" women all the time. It's a new feeling for me. For the most part I am in control of who I am, emotionally.  Last night was just all around a hard night.

I felt sorry for my friend who listened to me struggle with the emotions of what I was feeling, but so thankful she was there for me. She helped me back up so I can complete the race. I will finish this race, I will WIN, just as the girl in the video did.

I have so many people on my side, cheering me on, that it is hard to give up. There will be times I want to, there will be times I want to just crawl into bed and forget the world exists for a while, times I don't want anyone around (but so desperately need someone by my side). This pregnancy is one wild ride, and one I thought would be a little smoother for me.

I will grow from this, not sure how or when, but grow I will.

Kayleen's Kid Quest continues...........

No comments:

Post a Comment